tirsdag 24. april 2018

Macerator through bolt failure again.




Found the macerator leaking this spring. Once again, brass through bolts had broken, 2 of 4 this time.
In the other macerator I have fitted stainless steel replacements, simply made out of treaded bars.

Maybe the frost has broken the brass. But I have of course run the system with anti-freeze in the autumn. The only question then is if it was enough. The steel reinforced one did not break.

So I am still a firm believer that the brass used by the manufacturers is too weak. Causing unnecessary failures. I also think many boatowners do not want to mess with macerators. Which then boosts the sale.

I did fit stainless steel into the failed macerator. Time will show how it works.












Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar